Friday 20 November 2009





My big plaster lady isn't finished yet but it was time to start the cement version.  I covered her in cling film, then marked, in felt tip, where the two halves would join.  Then applied fibre glass strips dipped in very watery cement fondu mix, slightly overlapping and pressed very firmly onto one half of the sculpture.  Immediately, I covered the cement in plastic to push it down more and to stop it drying too quickly, it must harden before it dries. I covered the dividing line in plastic so that when I applied the cement on the other side the two sides wouldn't touch.  I'm hoping that I will be able to remove the cement cast from the plaster sculpture with ease.  Finally, I covered the whole sculpture in plastic again just to be sure it didn't dry too quickly.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

scottishsandra said...

well done, she's looking good. i want to see her four times as big, on top of a hill, looking out over mother nature, preferably standing next to a tiny, weeny sculpture, of her tiny weeny manmate..... just for a bit of contrast.....love you XX
keep going

Followers